Sunday, February 14, 2010

Wrestling with the Pex

1500 feet of red tubing, 54 sheets of foam, 930 zip strips, 6 very sore fingers and we're finally ready for cement.

This past week was a full one. I didn't have any time to update the blog because, HELLO, look....the countdown clock shows only 17 days!


The exterior pictures here are from a week ago. The front and west sides are now complete but I didn't get pictures because it is currently snowcovered and we pulled off the roof to get ready for the concrete.


Putting tubing down is definately a team effort. It's not very pliable and comes in rolls of 900 feet. It's not rubbery like garden hose, but a hard plastic that can twist itself into a spaghetti knot like nobody's business. I wish I had gotten a video of the Pex kicking Jeremy's butt.


A little sidestep to the ER Monday night warrented 9 stitches in Glenn's head after the framing nailer fell off the roof and clocked him, but good. This after I cut up my hand with Jer's hook blade while doing hip cap. We have to finish this house soon. Our bodies can't take much more.


2 comments:

  1. "WoW" I haven't seen the basement in awhile...things are looking good, I'm sure your going to love the heated floors someday, I know you do not right now, but weather mornings, or scrapbooking with me....it will be nice...
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, no wonder you're bodies can't take much more. The weather hasn't co-operated with you, you are all working injured and you, Michelle, have a full time job besides what you have to do after work to help with the house. Remember, even you guys aren't as young as you used to be!!! But it is looking good! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete