Sunday, February 21, 2010

BIG Weekend for the Kuperus Homestead

Big things happened at the job site this weekend. Heating and plumbing got stubbed in, Walvac got stubbed in, (I guess we are going with the subcontractor who was already drilling holes when we showed up on Saturday morning - we initially told him we'd call when we were closer. I guess he assumed that meant he had the job), we got the entire house portion of the roof shingled, finished the plywood on the garage roof and had a massive clean up with multiple fires. Brickie comes tomorrow to start the fireplace and windows come on Wednesday. We might make our goal after all!
Me and Jeremy are both happy to be done with plywood. Once we finish shingles we're going to share a beer in celebration. Our backs can't take much more. Neither can my hands. Look at these things....
We even got some dirt excavated this weekend thanks to Drew.

2 comments:

  1. it does look like things have changed tons, sense I was there on wednesday...the roof looks great...I'm hoping for you on making your goal, that would be awesome...I didn't do anything, but I would like a beer to celebrate too...
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do anything to help either except watch Drew. Why didn't he come visit me on Sunday? I was all alone. I want to celebrate too, but I can't have any alcohol so I'll bring my own beverage!

    ReplyDelete