Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finally Framing

So we dusted off our Carhartts, let out our tool belts out a couple inches and began framing the basement walls. We didn't get started until 2 and it was dark by 5, so it wasn't a real productive day, but we made a good start.

It's been well over 3 years since I've done any building, but it must be in my blood, because I felt like I was in my element. It all came right back.

Me and the Delta are long-time friends.

Basement walls are such a challenge. The ground is uneven and makes building walls difficult, every stud has to be cut, and there is a lot of planning that will affect future progress.

Spectators and photographer/helpers.

Teamwork.

Four lone walls is all we got up. After scraping frozen sand and ice off the walls, getting all the tools out and set up, we finally got rockin' and rollin' and then it was dark.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of hard work involved here! On one of my days off let me know which day works for you and I will have you all over for dinner.........then you can go home, shower and relax in front of the fireplace. Or you can bring clothes here, shower, then eat and go home and relax..........what ever works best for all of you. Mon, Tues. or Fri during the week works for me and any of the weekend days will work too!

    You haven't lost it yet, Sweetheart.........looks like you and the Delta still are good friends!!

    ReplyDelete