Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekend update

Overhead doors sure make a difference both inside and out. We got them up just before all the wind so it was much nicer working inside than it would have otherwise been. We're getting close to inspections. All the subs are pretty much done now and we just have a few minor things left. Insulation is scheduled for late in the week and drywall right after that, so we have no choice but to be done.


A view of the main floor fireplace from the kitchen area.

A view from the living room side. I'm faced with a dilemma now that the fireplace had to be bigger than I originally designed. See that partition in the background to the right of the fireplace below? I had drawn a half wall or a column with arches to break up the front door and the dining room which would begin where that partition is. Now that the fireplace is a foot and half wider though, the front entry wont look right in the room if I build the half wall. Not sure what to do.
I spent most of Saturday painting trim for the front of the house. It used to come in white, but now it's gray. Fortunately, it covered in one coat, but I still have more to do.

3 comments:

  1. wow...the garage doors look great...and I'm sure it is warmer in there now...things are coming around...can't wait to see more changes this week...:}
    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always a big fan of the two sided fireplace in your other house and I'm glad you're putting one in this one too. :)

    Not that long ago I was looking at all this on a piece of paper. So cool to watch it come along. Thanks for doing this blog! It makes it seem like I'm not so far away.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is looking great. I loved the two sided fireplace in the other house too.

    ReplyDelete